Tuesday 26 April 2011

Meet EOW winner BB Muwanvu Wanvu


EOWblog met End of the Weak MC Challenge winner BB Muwanvu Wanvu on a sunny afternoon in Kampala. After winning last Saturday, he is back to rehearsals and focused on the international finals in France later this year.

EOWblog: How did you prepare for the competition?

BB: I rehearsed for two months, every day. I rehearsed every round of the competition, the a capella, the freestyle grab-the-bag, the beat juggling and the cipher. I contacted previous contestants like Cyno MC, to help med sharpen my material, in the preparation.

EOWblog: How did you get though the MC challenge on Saturday night?

BB: Well, my favorite rounds were a capella and freestyle grab the bag. It was a lot of fun. I also did well in the Cipher, where we each had to rap four bars. The challenge was the beatjuggling. I thought that round was going to make me lose. When the time came to announce the winner, I first heard that Jajja Nelly was the second runner-up, and I kept my heart strong. Then they announced Busta Kuchi. I was standing near the stage, and could see everything. Then they said the winner was BB Muwanvu Wanvu, and at first I didn’t move, because I was not sure, that it was really me. Not until my friends came and lifted me up, and carried me to the stage. That is when I realized, that I had won. All the eyes and the cameras were on BB. I credit my winning to God, because every night I was praying to win the competition.

EOWblog: What is next for BB?

BB: I have the heart to compete and win the world finals of the End of the Weak. To get there I have to not be lazy, but put my thoughts and energy into rehearsing. I am motivated by the opportunity to leave Uganda, knowing the bad situation I came from. I will show the End of the Weak, and the rest of the world, that you can come from such a background and become world champion!

No comments:

Post a Comment